Time Management For a Successful Career
Time Management For a Successful Career - Time management is an important building block for foundation of your career. Effective time management helps in improving overall personal effectiveness.
Time management is something that could be limiting your success level today. The skill of time management is about knowing what to do and when to do.
Why Manage Your Time
Good time management skills helps you in bringing you in control of your time, your life, your stress and energy levels, and helps in maintaining a balance between your work and Personal life.
Time management is easy as long as you commit to action, you can improve your own time. One of the major irritant in time management is lack of commitment to stick to your schedules.
Management of time by - better planning, delegating, controlling your environment, understanding yourself and identifying what you need to change about your habits and routine will go a long way in improving your effectiveness.
Multitasking OR One-at-a-Time
When you are faced with the lot of things to do, go through them quickly and make the list what you are going to do. Prioritize your tasks and tackle the important one’s first. Do not starts lot of jobs at a same time, if you keep the weekly work schedule you will be able to control the time allocated for your tasks.
Decide Your Time Management Strategy
Delegate, As with the rules of delegation and authority given to you, try to delegate as much as it possible for you, this make your job more easier by avoiding the wastage of time and duplication of efforts.
What To Do And What Not To Do: Some Questions You Should Ask
What is the most important thing for you to be doing right now? What deadline you got? What happens if you don’t do this?
Some Quick Tips To Save Time
1. The key to successful time management is planning and then sticking to the plan.
2. Review all work you are doing and check its usefulness. Whether you are doing some waste effort which is no use?
3. Setup templates for your regular tasks as this will avoid the wastage of time.
4. Use the time management tools and Template or create some work charts.
5. Delegate as much as possible for you because delegating your work to other is a great and appropriate way to save time.
6. Avoid picking up phones and stop keep checking emails every 10 minutes. You can decide when you will take calls and look up yours mails.
7. Avoid unnecessary meetings and conversation.
8. Get it right the first time.
9. Take your time to do a quality job.
It may take more time to complete the task, but there is a lesser chance of errors. This way, you can avoid making time-consuming corrections.Whenever you complete important tasks within a stipulated period, give yourself a little treat. This will give you an incentive to complete work on time.
Further Reading: For advanced reading we suggest you to go through the masterpiece of time management - a book called "First Things First" by Steven Covey.
Thank you very much for visiting my blog and read some useful articles there.